I am a first year Ph.D. student at the Human-Computer Interaction Institute in the School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University, working with Dr. Nik Martelaro. I completed my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with First Class Honors and a full scholarship from HKUST, where I worked with Dr. Xiaojuan Ma and Dr. Kwang-Ting Cheng.
My research focus is in Human-Machine Co-Design by (1) building novel ML-infused creativity support tools and (2) investigating how said tools augment design workflows. I am broadly interested in the intersection of Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Vision, Design, and Augmented/Virtual Reality.
- Learning Personal Style from Few Examples
- David Chuan-en Lin and Nikolas Martelaro
- ACM Designing Interactive Systems Conference (DIS), 2021
[🔜 To appear] We present PseudoClient, a deep metric learning framework for learning personal style based on a handful of examples.
- 🚧 Tiddying Up
- SeqDynamics: Visual Analytics for Evaluating Online Problem-solving Dynamics
- Meng Xia, Min Xu, Chuan-en Lin, Ta Ying Cheng, Huamin Qu, and Xiaojuan Ma
- Computer Graphics Forum (EuroVis), 2020
We present SeqDynamics, a visual analytics tool with multi-scale contextual views for evaluating student problem-solving.
- 📄 Paper
- ARchitect: Building Interactive Virtual Experiences from Physical Affordances by Bringing Human-in-the-Loop
- Chuan-en Lin*, Ta Ying Cheng*, and Xiaojuan Ma
(* = equal contribution)
- ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI), 2020
We present ARchitect, a workflow for mapping physical objects to virtual proxies with matching interaction affordances.
- 🌐 Project Page📄 Paper🎬 Video
- Learning to Film from Professional Human Motion Videos
- Chong Huang, Chuan-en Lin, Zhenyu Yang, Yan Kong, Peng Chen, Xin Yang, and Kwang-Ting Cheng
- IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2019
We present an imitation learning framework for autonomous drone videography.
- 📄 Paper🎬 Video